Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring is coming...

It's been awhile since I have posted but not too much has happened.

I went and participated in my first Olympic Winter Games up in Whistler, B.C. It was an amazing experience and hopefully there will be more to come in the future. The race itself was tough and made tougher due to the fact that the weather and snow conditions up in Whistler that time of year are never consistent. Regardless, the race organizers and course crew did a great job getting the hill in shape during the entire games with what they had to work with. I finished 29th first run from bib 46 and moved up a few more spots to 24th by the end of the race.

One of the main highlights of the Olympics for me was walking in the opening and closing ceremonies down in Vancouver with the rest of the athletes in the games. Both times, we entered a few groups before Canada and the place would erupt when team Canada walked into the stadium. It was also awesome getting to meet and hang out with other athletes down there. Pretty cool knowing many of them won medals, helping the U.S. lead the medal count at these 2010 games.

From there, I returned home from the games on a break for a week before starting training again. I only have a few more races left this season including NorAm Finals, U.S. Nationals and Easter Cup Finals. After that, I head to Dartmouth to start school for the spring.

1 comment:

  1. You did an awesome job! Great looking Helmet too! Good luck with the rest of your races and with starting school! What are you planning on majoring in?

    ReplyDelete