Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Soelden

The 2010/11 season is kicking off this weekend with a pair of GS races in Soelden, Austria. It's always an exciting race and a good one to watch in person because you can see most of the hill from the bottom. The U.S. World Cup team has been training mainly in Stubai, Austria for the past week and we are heading over to Soelden this afternoon for a couple more days before the weekend. Things have been going pretty well here, a lot of guys are charging and making some sweet turns. It's been fun watching Bode and Ted prepare for their first real race of the season. There is a lot I can learn from them and hope to do so as I continue my career.

Be sure to look for Will Gregorak sporting a new haircut for his World Cup debut. I was going to post some video of training the past few days but unfortunately, the internet here is not very good. I'll see what I can do when I get to Soelden but chances are that I will still be unsuccessful.

The women run Saturday, first run starting at 10am CET or 4am EST. We have 4 ladies starting this year, Lindsey Vonn, Julia Mancuso, Sarah Schleper and Megan McJames.

On Sunday, the men open the season with a 10am CET start. There are 7 U.S. men running Soleden including Bode Miller, Ted Ligety, Tim Jitloff, Tommy Ford, Warner Nickerson, Will Gregorak and myself.

I will try to take some pictures and put them online if the video doesn't work.

1 comment: