Sunday, January 30, 2011

The past few weeks...

have been pretty crazy. I have done 9 races since January 16th and have been able to put down solid, fast runs in the process. I'm really excited with how things are working out right now and hope to continue moving forward with everything these next couple months.

I feel at home when I am not even close to home. Not even with the same group of people for extended periods of time. I feel at home when I have my own plan and I am following it, regardless of what anyone thinks. These past couple weeks, I traveled with guys on the development team, europa cup team, world cup team and on my own. I even spent a little time with the Canadian tech team. It felt good and for me, it was the right choice. It's pretty funny reading that the team decided that I should race a bunch of European Cups instead of going to Wengen for the World Cup slalom because I was sucking. Sweet people, thanks. First of all, it was my idea. Second of all, I'm going to do what I feel I need to do to get on track and start skiing well. If that means skipping a World Cup and hammering races out on the EC tour and in some FIS races, then so be it. I love skiing and I love racing, that's all there is to it. Somewhere along the way, I figured out a way to get a solid run in starting back in the World Cups and have the chance for a big second run.

Hinterreit now for some training, Hinterstoder on the weekend, Mt Pora next week and World Champs mid month.

1 comment: