Friday, August 26, 2011

The Rebound

Broken, that's how I feel right now. Spending days on the couch attached to a bunch of different things is no fun, and neither is walking on crutches.

At some point in the last 7 months I tore my hip labrum and my gluteus medius. After dealing with it throughout last season and this summer, the pain got bad enough to where I couldn't ski. So I left New Zealand for Park City to get an MRI and confirm the diagnosis. Surgery followed a week later and now the couch is my best friend.

The good news is that I shouldn't be out too long and will be back on snow in October. Hopefully these first 6 weeks will fly by and I'll be working out hard in no time.

Till then...


1 comment:

  1. I hope that your torn labrum heals well! Probably a side effect of excessive chavving in the spring.

    ReplyDelete