Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Back at it

This past week I started my epic comeback... Well maybe it's not so much epic as it isn't really a comeback in my mind, just a necessary pit stop in the course of my career. It's been 72 days since I had my labrum and gluteus medius repaired and my first day on snow couldn't have gone much better. Here is a little video I put together for the monumental occasion. Hopefully that works for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNh2O-ePY7s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I realize that there is still a long way for me to go but I can only grin at the thought that I have gotten over a big hurdle. Now it's time to move forward with skiing, strength building and continuing rehab. It'll also be nice to be with my fellow teammates for once, maybe...

I also was to give a shout out to a few new supporters to the team. USANA nutritional products for their recovery shakes, Nature Valley NASTAR program, Tiffany and Co (check out my twitter from that one) and Neve Designs for their awesome sweaters.

It's sill going to be awhile until I start racing but let the season begin!

See you on the slopes.

3 comments:

  1. Nolan,

    Great to have dinner with you a few weeks ago and even better to see you back on snow. Take it a day at a time. You have the heart and determination to make a full recovery.

    Bob A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes on your speedy rehab / recovery, Nolan. Send our regards to your family. And know we'll be cheering on your awesome career from our computers / television sets.

    - Angela + the Tse family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man, i had a torn labrum injury 2 years ago, and got surgery on my hip in september of 2010, so i was okay to go for last season.

    however my hip has been acting up a lot lately and i have a lot of pain, do you recommend any exercises to make it feel any better? I can ski with it but it just sucks having it in the back of my head on race day.

    - thanks

    ReplyDelete